
Saturday we decided we needed to get some pumpkins to put on our porch. A couple years ago we went on this same weekend to a pumpkin patch and just had a blast because they had a free face painter, a corn maze, a hay-bale maze for children, a corn pit, and a huge pumpkin bouncy thingy. So, we got up on Saturday and headed over there again, in the hopes that they'd have the same face painter there again. I mean, she was awesome. The pictures of the girls are from that visit. Unfortunately, that same face painter wasn't there, and the one that was there was very second rate and charged for the painting. So, we didn't do any face painting this year, but we still had a ton of fun picking out our pumpkins and playing in the corn pit.
Kate 2006

Eliza 2006


I love Kate's face in this picture. She has a hard time knowing how it feels to smile; so, in most of her pictures she has a funny face.

They had some painted pumpkins that looked pretty cool, so I just had to take pictures of our favorite ones!

Jumping into the corn pit.

Eliza practicing her handstands.

Adam is doing his little jig in the corn pit.

One of the "good" pictures I got of Kate.

After Andrew jumped into the corn, he started posing for me.

An example of Kate "trying" to smile.


I loved that I could take pictures of our four children playing together with very few "intruders" in the background. This is one of my favorite things about having a large family ... all of our children have playmates when we go to fun family activities.

Okay, so Jon jumped in and started burying everyone. This is about as good as we got because ...
Andrew just couldn't wait, he was ready to break free!

But, we did get a picture of the three who were willing to withstand more corn getting into their pants while Jon posed behind them.
After we got home, we ate lunch, then Jon started helping the children carve their pumpkins while I made dinner (which you'll get to see tomorrow). Here's how Adam carved his pumpkin. He did a great job, eh?

Kate was doing a good job focusing on her pumpkin. I haven't taken any pictures of the finished products; I'm waiting until Halloween to take those so that you can see them lit!
Comments
I had the same problem as Kate I always "smiled" weird.