Skip to main content

Dressing Your Truth

Okay, so I haven't posted anything about this because I've been told it is silly ... which initially made me think that the person who said that thinks that I am silly for being a part of this program.  However, I've weighed that against how different I feel about myself and I've decided that this program has helped me have so much more confidence.  And, I think that if it helps me, it might be beneficial for any of my other friends.

So .... let me tell you about my Dressing Your Truth experience.

For years I've struggled with confidence.  Mainly, not feeling like I was presenting myself as well as I would have liked.  There were times when I would say something bold and the people to whom I was talking would take offense or be so surprised they wouldn't now how to respond.  Which left me thinking that I shouldn't have said what I did, and that I needed to change and be more soft spoken.  I never realized that it was actually okay for me to express myself in bold statements; everyone else just needed to be a little more prepared to receive them.

Couple this with the fact that I've always felt like I didn't know how to buy the clothing that would look good on me, and accessorize, and wear makeup, etc.  I always looked at my friends and thought that they looked so fantastic and well put together, like they'd thought about what they were going to wear before actually getting dressed.  I always felt extremely frumpy.  And, when I would go shopping for clothes I found myself asking what my friends would wear and then I'd look for something similar.

About a month ago I was talking to my friend about her jeans; telling her that they were so cute and asking her where she bought them.  She proceeding to tell me where she got them, then she said that she dyed them and dirtied them up.  I asked her about dying them and why she dirtied them.  Her answer was that they weren't her type, so she had to fix them.  Immediately I was confused and interested in equal parts.

My friend told me that around two years ago she found a program called Dressing Your Truth.  It is an online course that teaches how to dress for your personality.  She showed me the accompanying book, and explained that there are four beauty types.  Everyone falls into one dominant beauty type, and most women have a secondary.  Each type has different personality traits, physical movements, and physical features.  For example, there are the Type 1's who have a slight bounce to their step, upward movements, and they are the idea makers who are concerned with having fun.  And, when we dress according to our personality, movements and features, we are preparing others to receive us (as well as looking extremely good).

I was intrigued.  My friend said that she is a Type 3.  She walks with purpose, has angular body movements, more definition in her facial features, and has a "get up and do it" kind of personality.

When I got home, I looked online at the website and went through a free seven day course.  By the end, I had figured out that I am a Type 4.  I won't go into much detail about my type, but I will say that knowing this has made a world of difference for me.

For years I had Type 4 tendencies, but I always pushed them aside and led with my secondary type (which is a Type 3) because it was more comfortable and what I thought everyone expected of me.  As I've learned more about my type, I know now that everything I've felt is typical for most Type 4's.  And, I don't feel alone anymore.

I've started to dress in my type.  It's been so strange to get so many compliments.  I finally understand why what my friends would wear didn't look right on me ... my physical features and my energy just didn't match theirs.  And that's okay!

Anyway, the reason I am sharing this is that I have more confidence now than I've ever known.  And, I would love to give my friends/family a way to increase their confidence in themselves.  Right now Dressing Your Truth is having a sale on the online course, and I would hate for any of you who *might* be interested to miss out on it.  Just follow this link to learn more.  And, yes, you may think I'm silly for buying into this program ... but, I'm okay with that now.  I finally know how to dress my best and present my best self to others, and for that I am so grateful.

Comments

Lynette said…
I can't buy anything like this right now, but it does sound really interesting, to be honest. :) And I don't think you're silly for trying something that you found works for YOU. Bettering ourselves and feeling comfortable in our skin can be done in so many different ways. Now if you were taking a pill or supplement or something, THEN I'd be concerned. But changing how you dress, learning about your personality (which helps in achieving our potential) -- what's so wrong about that?? I think it shows that you are taking the time to get to know yourself and now that high school is waaaaaay in the past, you can do it without the peer pressure. :) At least you should be able to without pressure!
Aubrey A said…
I love this idea. I'm going to have to check it out! I agree with everything Lynette said! The older I get, the more I learn about myself and the more self assured I become. . .even when I decide to dress frumpy. . .because let's face it, sometimes I just don't like the bother. :)
Lynette said…
...I'm on Day 3 of the videos. :) :) :) I like this woman's approach and explanations. It's so much more complete than those personality tests and the color test, etc. I'm still in the process of figuring out my energy type...I guess I'm one of those who needs to watch the whole thing instead of thinking I've got it all ready figured out. :) If I hear her describe one of the four energy types as making snap judgements, I'm certain I'll then know for sure which one is me (most of the time). :) :) Thank you for posting this.

P.S. I was under the impression that the videos were part of a free trial program or something. I now understand that the videos are indeed free with no "trial" period and if you want to read her books to get more details, then that's where it may cost money (if the books aren't at the library).

Popular posts from this blog

Blogiversary

Today is my blogiversary! One year ago today I switched my blog over to Blogger. To celebrate, I want to do a little drawing for all my friends and family! I haven't yet decided what the winner will get ... I think it depends on who the winner is (I don't want to send a crayon roll to someone without children, or an apron to my brother, etc.). Rest assured though, that the winner will get something homemade from me, just as a little thank you for being my friend! So, start commenting ... and I'll send the total number of comments I receive by next Wednesday at 11:59 CST through random.org, then announce the winner next Thursday.

85+ Books!

It's been almost a year since I started keeping track of all the books I've read.  When it's all in a list ... by date ... it really makes me realize how much I read!  I burned through almost a book a day in the month of January: 24 books total ... the greatest number of books in one month!  After compiling the list, I figured I may as well share it with all my friends!  I've organized them by genre/topic ... and now I realize I need to branch out more!  Books I read multiple times this year have asterisks. REGENCY/HISTORICAL ROMANCE The Apothecary's Daughter, Julie Klassen Edenbrooke*, Julianne Donaldson The Girl in the Gatehouse, Julie Klassen The Heiress of Winterwood, Sarah Ladd The Maid of Fairbourne Hall, Juie Klassen Lady of Milkweed Manor, Julie Klassen Short Straw Bride, Karen Witemeyer The Silent Governess, Julie Klassen The Tutor's Daughter, Julie Klassen CLEAN ROMANCE Bah, Humbug!, Heather Horrocks The Cubicle Next Door*, Siri L....

Finished Project Friday: Maryanne's Blessing Dress

(I know it's not really Friday, but I just finished this today and couldn't wait to show ya'll .) I finished Maryanne's blessing dress early! Well, what you would call early for me. When I made Andrew's blessing romper I was pounding in the snaps around the legs and on the back around 9:00 the Saturday night before he was blessed. So, to have Maryanne's dress done a week before her blessing is really good for me. This pattern was a challenge for me because the directions weren't very explicit, but after I did what I was supposed to they totally made sense. And, I forgot how to make button holes, so that was an adventure. This was the first time I've ever used lace on a project, and I'm really pleased with the outcome. You can't see it, but the slip has lace along the bottom edge, and I was supposed to put lace on the collar but opted it out and like it much better that way. I also made a little jacket or " saque " for her out of fla...