This picture is blurry .... but she's still so cute!

The other day I left Maryanne with Jon for four hours so she could get used to taking a bottle, or a cup, or a medicine dropper, or even cereal. Actually, those are all things that Jon tried using to feed her because she wouldn't take the bottle. And, she wouldn't eat from any of those either. Not even cereal! This got me really worried because I am supposed to leave her for about six hours on June 6th. We got tickets to see "Phantom of the Opera," and the last time the show was here we had tickets but didn't get to use them. I really don't want that to happen again, so we've been trying to wean Maryanne from nursing, just a a little bit so we can go to the show without worry.

So, while I was out on Saturday I called Jon and asked how things were going. When he told me that he'd tried just about everything and she wouldn't eat (the whole while I could hear her crying in the background), I decided to scrap what the guidelines say about solid food and try some baby food. Technically, she's not supposed to have baby food until she is six months old, but I was desperate and she's only a few weeks away. So, I picked up some baby food and came home and fed her some squash. She loved it! I am so relieved. Now I can go to the show and not worry too much about her starving while we are gone!
Comments