
This is actually a project I finished last Saturday, but haven't taken the time until now to post it. I was inspired by my friend,
Rivka, last year when she posted a picture of the stockings that she made for her family. (That's something you'll learn quickly about my projects ... rarely do the ideas behind them originate from my cranium.) Anyway, I decided then and there that I was going to make us some stockings for this Christmas. The fabric I actually bought two years ago, and barely had enough to make the seven stockings I need for this year. (Actually, I was able to cut out eight stockings ... which turns out to be good because I definitely needed an "oops" stocking.)

I pieced together my squares and then took my square of fabric to my local quilt store to use the quilting machine there. It's an awesome deal ... if you quilt a lot. Basically, the deal is that once you take the class to learn how to use the machine you can come back and rent the machine for $15/hour. Anyone who has sent their quilt to be quilted knows the value in this deal! I paid around $85 for Eliza's twin size quilt to be quilted professionally. And, I was able to do all the prep work for my stockings and quilt the fabric in an hour, so it only cost me $15; and there's no way I could have used my little machine to do it at home. Okay, okay, I'm off my soap box. Just have to add that I was glad this was my first quilting project with the big quilting machine because I just cut out the stockings after it was quilted. I think I would have been really disappointed with my mediocre quilting if it had been a quilt.
Okay, so now that I've got the Christmas stockings done ... I'm off to do my Birthday & Christmas gifts!
Comments