Skip to main content

Finished Project Friday: Reading Time, Jamma Pants & a Refashion



Jon has been having some tooth pain recently.  He went in to the dentist's office yesterday to see what could be causing the problem.  Leaving with a prescription for an antibiotic and Vicatin, he came home with the understanding that he needs to get a second opinion form an endodontist.  Not reassuring.  But, the pain killer has only been taking the edge off ... that's how painful it is.

Anyway, this morning he took the Vicatin on a completely empty stomach (he's supposed to take it either 2 hours before eating, or 2 hours after eating) and promptly started to feel dizzy.  Not the best thing to feel when you have to present a webinar to over 40 people.  So, he asked me to come check on him in 30 minutes to see if he was saying some really loopy things during his meeting.  This is a precarious situation for us all because I DO NOT have the most quietest children in the world.

I knew I needed to give them something to do in the school room so they would remain quiet while I checked on Jon (possibly staying there for his entire meeting to help him).  I put Eliza in charge and gave her a book to read to everyone else.  When I came back, they were all enthralled in Frog and Toad are Friends.  They loved it.  And, I loved that my oldest daughter was kind enough and able to help us out.



Tonight she went to a late night activity for church.  All of the 10-11 year old girls met in May and received copies of Anne of Green Gables to read over the summer.  To celebrate finishing the book, the girls got together tonight with their leader to watch the movie.  They were told they could bring pillows to sit on, and a treat.  Eliza wanted to be comfy, so she wanted to wear pajamas.  But, last night, she sorrowfully said, "But, I don't have any cute pajamas."



That's when I whipped out the material I'd bought in June to make her some pajama pants for Christmas.  I figured, "Hey, a yard of fabric isn't that expensive, I can make her some new ones closer to Christmas time."  So, today, I made her these pajama pants.

Her only problem after that point was that she didn't have a shirt to wear that matched.  I dug in my closet for a shirt that was way too small for me (before picture of her wearing the shirt is the first one on this post), cut off the sleeves and added the left over strips from the jamma pants as a ruffle on the neck.  Eliza was so thrilled, she used some of the leftover sleeves as gloves.  Silly girl. 

Comments

Aubrey A said…
I'm sorry to hear about Jon. I hope things work out soon for him. There's nothing worse than mouth pain.

On the up side, I love the PJ's!!! They're absolutely adorable. When we were kids my mom would make us all PJ for Christmas and I only asked for PJ pants because I hated the shirts she would make. Very good idea taking one of your old shirts and using some of the left over fabric as a ruffle! I would've like a shirt like that when I was younger too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogiversary

Today is my blogiversary! One year ago today I switched my blog over to Blogger. To celebrate, I want to do a little drawing for all my friends and family! I haven't yet decided what the winner will get ... I think it depends on who the winner is (I don't want to send a crayon roll to someone without children, or an apron to my brother, etc.). Rest assured though, that the winner will get something homemade from me, just as a little thank you for being my friend! So, start commenting ... and I'll send the total number of comments I receive by next Wednesday at 11:59 CST through random.org, then announce the winner next Thursday.

85+ Books!

It's been almost a year since I started keeping track of all the books I've read.  When it's all in a list ... by date ... it really makes me realize how much I read!  I burned through almost a book a day in the month of January: 24 books total ... the greatest number of books in one month!  After compiling the list, I figured I may as well share it with all my friends!  I've organized them by genre/topic ... and now I realize I need to branch out more!  Books I read multiple times this year have asterisks. REGENCY/HISTORICAL ROMANCE The Apothecary's Daughter, Julie Klassen Edenbrooke*, Julianne Donaldson The Girl in the Gatehouse, Julie Klassen The Heiress of Winterwood, Sarah Ladd The Maid of Fairbourne Hall, Juie Klassen Lady of Milkweed Manor, Julie Klassen Short Straw Bride, Karen Witemeyer The Silent Governess, Julie Klassen The Tutor's Daughter, Julie Klassen CLEAN ROMANCE Bah, Humbug!, Heather Horrocks The Cubicle Next Door*, Siri L....

Finished Project Friday: Maryanne's Blessing Dress

(I know it's not really Friday, but I just finished this today and couldn't wait to show ya'll .) I finished Maryanne's blessing dress early! Well, what you would call early for me. When I made Andrew's blessing romper I was pounding in the snaps around the legs and on the back around 9:00 the Saturday night before he was blessed. So, to have Maryanne's dress done a week before her blessing is really good for me. This pattern was a challenge for me because the directions weren't very explicit, but after I did what I was supposed to they totally made sense. And, I forgot how to make button holes, so that was an adventure. This was the first time I've ever used lace on a project, and I'm really pleased with the outcome. You can't see it, but the slip has lace along the bottom edge, and I was supposed to put lace on the collar but opted it out and like it much better that way. I also made a little jacket or " saque " for her out of fla...