One of the things that I loved about being at my brother's house was that they had what we call "potato bugs" outside on their stairs. I don't think I've ever seen a potato bug here at our house, and I wanted my children to experience the fascination of a bug that rolls itself into a ball. Tres just thought they were so cool. At first I showed him a dead one that was just lying on the sidewalk. Then, the next morning as were packing up the car I heard Tres yelling, "Mama, mama! I found a potato bug!" I came outside and there he was holding this little critter. It was so much fun to show him how the potato bug rolls into a ball, and then unrolls. I think we spent a good ten minutes just playing with this little guy. I think that's some kind of theme for our family trip out west: sharing my childhood memories with my children, and letting them experience some of my favorite things about where I grew up.
Today is my blogiversary! One year ago today I switched my blog over to Blogger. To celebrate, I want to do a little drawing for all my friends and family! I haven't yet decided what the winner will get ... I think it depends on who the winner is (I don't want to send a crayon roll to someone without children, or an apron to my brother, etc.). Rest assured though, that the winner will get something homemade from me, just as a little thank you for being my friend! So, start commenting ... and I'll send the total number of comments I receive by next Wednesday at 11:59 CST through random.org, then announce the winner next Thursday.
Comments